gadgets

Surface Duo with Windows 11 seems like dream device for Windows Central readers

surface duo windows 11 gustavemonce 3

Last week, indie developer Gustave Monce shared images of Windows 11 running on a Surface Duo. The photos brought back memories of Windows Phone for many of our readers. While the concept of running Windows 11 on a foldable mobile device was intriguing, we wanted to know if our readers would actually use such a device.

In our recent poll, over 82% of voters said they would want a Surface Duo running Windows 11, leaving just under 18% saying they wouldn’t want such a device.

READ MORE:  Over $4 million in funding available for cost-share assistance to farmers

“Well yeah! I want a duo running W11 or 10X or whatever because it’s running Windows, that would be a good start because at least there’s ARM64EC and I’ll finally be more productive on my phone,” TechFreak1 said.

“I voted yes. If I could have a single phone device that runs Android apps (via Windows 11) on the go, but full productivity Windows apps while anchored to mouse/keyboard/screen, this would be the ‘device of my dreams,’ added CSJr1.

While the vast majority of voters expressed interest in Windows 11 running on the Surface Duo, many commenters disagreed.

READ MORE:  Corning Stock is a Technology Value Play

“It’s a fun project, but Windows 11 as it is? Well no. The thing is, Windows 11 Shell isn’t really optimized for such a small screen, or even for dual-screen devices,” said aXross. “Each display is essentially treated as two monitors on a regular PC, unlike how it behaves on Surface Duo or Neo.”



Source link

Leave a Comment