Illinois Homeowners Can Qualify for Up to $30K in Assistance. Here’s How to Apply – NBC Chicago


Illinois homeowners who have fallen behind on their housing expenses during the pandemic can now submit requests for assistance of up to $30,000.

Governor JB Pritzker and leaders of the Illinois Housing Development Authority on Friday marked the opening of the state’s Homeowner Assistance Fund, a $309 million project designed to help homeowners facing mortgage default, a default or mortgage foreclosure.

To be eligible, owners must have experienced financial hardship caused by COVID, such as loss of income or increased expenses, after January 2020.

READ MORE:  POCO F4 GT: Leaked official renders showcase design ahead of the global release of POCO's first Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 smartphone

Those residing in communities that have been disproportionately affected by the health and economic effects of the pandemic will be prioritized in aid distribution, according to a press release from Pritzker’s office.

To qualify, homeowners must own and occupy their home as their primary residence, be at least 30 days behind on their mortgage payments, and have a household income at or below 150% of the area median income.

READ MORE:  FDA breakthrough device program delivers biggest gains to companies

To be approved, applicants must have consulted with a HUD-certified housing counselor or spoken to their mortgage agent about their mitigation options by January 1, 2022.

When applying, owners must have the following documents:

  • Proof of identity, including but not limited to driver’s license, ID card, permanent resident card or other form of identification.
  • Proof of household income, including but not limited to tax returns, payslips, or other documents.
  • Proof of occupancy including but not limited to bank statement, mobile phone bill, credit/debit card statement or other documents.
  • Proof of ownership, including but not limited to a property tax bill, deed, or other documents.
  • Default statement, including but not limited to mortgage statement, property tax statement, insurance statement, or HOA/Condo statement.
READ MORE:  Deputies seeking public assistance in identifying hit-and-run suspect

For those wishing to apply, applications can be found on the Illinois Housing Development Authority website.

Source link

Leave a Comment